Certificate in Renewable Energy Management
A Program on Technology, Policy and Finance for Renewable Energy Project Development
Course Instructor Credentials:
Training Provider Credentials:
IREC ISPQ Training Program Accreditation
Course Hours Count Toward:
NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification-40
NABCEP Continuing Education PV Installer Recertification – 40
Professional Development Hours(PDH)- 40
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)- 15 (requested)
CPA Continuing Professional Education (CPE)- 11.5
This course is one of eight courses housed under the award-winning Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series. Business professionals and students are keenly aware of the changing energy landscape. Many professionals want to know more about the renewable energy industry but find that available workshops on renewables are too technical or geared for the installer. The goal of the CREM program is not only to provide a sound foundation of how existing renewable energy technologies work, but also to have a firm grasp of policies and financial options so they can make informed decisions as a manager and businessperson in the renewable energy industry.
The 40-hour CREM program is part of the Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series. The 3-day PV Technical Sales course is a subset of CREM. It is designed for those who intend to concentrate on sales and marketing of residential PV systems.
CREM graduates will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of how solar electric and solar thermal technologies work.
- Describe renewable energy policy terminology.
- Understand how federal, state and local policies, incentives and regulations can affect the health of the renewable energy industry.
- Navigate the current financial landscape and assess different financial models
- Get NABCEP Technical Sales education credits for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification Exam (must meet other NABCEP requirements)
Don’t need the Certificate? You can take these short-courses housed under the CREM program.
Click to download the Full Course Syllabus.
Topics and Activities Include:
- Basics of how solar technologies work
- Technology applications and business considerations
- Common technical issues
- Future of the grid
- Tour of systems
- Overview of the renewable energy policy landscape
- Definitions and how policy design impacts financial investments
- Maximize the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) website
- Overview of financing options for residential and commercial Systems
- RECs, sRECs and Carbon Credits
- Identifying revenue streams
- Risk management and contract structuring
Additional topics for marketing, sales, and understanding the permitting process will likewise be offered.
The program is onsite and online. Participants are required to be present in Raleigh, North Carolina on the first two days and last day of class. A day-long class mid-course will be held in Raleigh and also be available online. The majority of the course topics will be a recorded 2-hour or less webinar that may be retrieved at a later time. This provides more flexibility to those who cannot attend the live online session.
Expectations and Outcomes:
Participants will be required to attend 90% of the class, pass the short quizzes and submit a group project and a 5-10 page document of their project to complete the program. Successful students receive a non-degree certificate from NC State University.
July 14 – August 12, 2015
Onsite Days: July 14 – 16, August 12. 4 Online classes from July 20 – 231st.
$1,998 . You can now pay in installments!!
Or sign up for the newsletter to receive discounts. Contact Lyra_Rakusin@ncsu.edu to get on the mailing list.
Don’t need the Certificate?
Register for these CREM classes individually:
This 24-hour course focuses on residential scale solar. It covers the fundamentals of PV technology and trends, policy and modeling, and sales and marketing.
Credits: 6.5 CLE
March 13, 2015. This day-long class covers and overview of federal and North Carolina policies, policies that drive global and domestic markets, solar financial modeling, and ownership structures using tax credits. $349 Registration will be up soon.
Credits: 8 PDHs, 8 CPA, 6.5 CLE
For more information contact Lyra Rakusin or 919.513.7769