CREM: Certificate in Renewable Energy Management
Spring Session: January 30 – March 8, 2019
Fall Session: July 9 – August 16, 2019
Individual Course Fee: $1,998*
This 40-hour program covers renewable energy technology applications and solar fundamentals (with an eye towards the business side of it), policies that create the market to better help you select that perfect project site, and how to finance and manage a renewable project.
The majority of CREM is held online, however there are three onsite days where the participant is required to be present in Raleigh, NC.
CREM graduates will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of how solar electric and solar thermal technologies work.
- Describe renewable energy policy terminology.
- Understand how federal, state and local policies, incentives and regulations can affect the health of the renewable energy industry.
- Navigate the current financial landscape and assess different financial models
- Get NABCEP Technical Sales education credits for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification Exam (must meet other NABCEP requirements)
Course Hours Count Toward:
- NC STATE Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series: 40 hours
- NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification: 40
- NABCEP Continuing Education PV Installer Recertification: 40
- Professional Development Hours (PDH): 40
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE): 15
- CPA Continuing Professional Education (CPE): 11.5
The 40-hour CREM program can be taken by itself or can contribute 40 hours to the Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series. If you wish to complete the Diploma Series, save by registering for our Packaged Programs.
*Registration fee includes lunch, parking, and a notebook!
*Payment plans are available.
Don’t need the Certificate? Register for this CREM class individually:
Solar Business Basics
Available Dates: February 22, 2019 and July 26, 2019
Individual Course Cost: $499*
This day-long class held in Raleigh, NC covers and overview of federal and North Carolina policies, policies that drive global and domestic markets, solar financial modeling, and ownership structures using tax credits.
Credits available include: 8 PDHs, 8 CPA, 6.5 CLE
*Registration fee includes lunch, parking, a textbook, and a notebook!