- This event has passed.
ESS Webinar Series: Renewable Energy Apprenticeships & On-the-Job Training in NC
March 15 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
The North Carolina Solar Industry is booming! It’s ranked third highest in the amount of solar energy installed in the past ten years and fourth highest in 2022 for solar industry job growth.
Join our speakers to learn about solar workforce development through:
- the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA),
- one company’s on-the-job training program that builds competency during job placement,
- apprenticeships in NC, and
- the exciting STEPs4GROWTH workforce development grant opportunity.
- Learn about the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and current policies relating to apprenticeship in North Carolina and how they are impacting workforce development.
- Learn about an active on-the-job training program and how it is building competency during job placement.
- Learn about the status of apprenticeships in North Carolina, how they are growing and changing, and how companies or potential apprentices can get involved.
- Learn about the ongoing STEPS4GROWTH workforce development grant, how it is impacting workforce development in North Carolina, and what it will mean for hiring companies in the future.