- This event has passed.
Solar Storage Workshop
February 21 @ 8:00 am - February 23 @ 5:00 pm
Spring Session: June 6 – 8, 2022
Winter Session: February 21 – 23, 2022
Length: 24 Course Hours / 3 Days
Course Cost: $799*
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of solar PV; currently working in the solar industry; and/or have taken a fundamentals course such as REPV
Course Description: This three-day onsite workshop will cover fundamental principles of battery based systems. At the end of the class, participants will be able to assist in designing and installing a residential PV system with battery back-up. We highly recommend that participants have taken our 40-hour PV fundamentals class, REPV: Renewable Energy Generation with PV Systems, or equivalent.
- Using load analysis size a battery bank.
- Specify and size inverters, charge controllers for battery based system.
- Define system architecture options and functionality
- Add battery backup to existing grid direct PV system
- Understand code implications of these systems.
*Registration fee includes lunch, parking, and a notebook!