- This event has passed.
Solar Storage (VIRTUAL)
June 29 @ 8:00 am - July 1 @ 5:00 pm$799
***Due to COVID-19, this workshop will now be held live in a virtual classroom***
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of solar PV; currently working in the solar industry; and/or have taken a fundamentals course such as REPV
Course Description: This three-day onsite workshop will cover fundamental principles of battery based systems. At the end of the class, participants will be able to assist in designing and installing a residential PV system with battery back-up.
- Using load analysis size a battery bank.
- Specify and size inverters, charge controllers for battery based system.
- Define system architecture options and functionality
- Add battery backup to existing grid direct PV system
- Understand code implications of these systems.