The 7th Annual Green Building Symposium and Expo
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Durham Convention Center
Expo is Free to Attend
• Exhibit space with prominent green designers, builders and suppliers that serve residential and commercial clients throughout North Carolina. Walk through and see what innovative companies are growing the North Carolina green economy. Learn what new green buildings products and initiatives are on the horizon for 2012. The Expo is free and open to the public. Click here to register for a space or to see a list of exhibitors.
• A full day of 24 education sessions covering a variety of current green building topics. Continuing education credits will be available for almost all sessions for GBCI (LEED AP+), AIA, ASLA and others. Participants can earn a total of four CE credit hours by attending one of six concurrent sessions in each of four time slots. Click here for description of each session.
• Opening plenary: Green Building Opportunity and Advocacy Made Easy. Panel will highlight successful green building initiatives from the local, state and federal levels. Speakers include Tim Cole, founding chair of Virginia Beach City Public Schools’ Sustainable Schools Committee; North Carolina Senator Josh Stein; and Bryan Howard, Legislative Director at the U.S. Green Building Council.featuring successful green building initiatives from the local, state and federal levels.
• Luncheon keynote with Nate Kredich, Vice President of Residential Market Development for USGBC. Nate will address What’s Next? in Residential Sustainability in the U.S., speaking to regional and national green homes trends, the advent of data to drive enhanced performance, and the future of our existing housing stock. One hour of continuing education credits is available. For more information on Nate Kredich…
• An evening Green Award Gala to recognize and celebrate the exceptional leaders in the region’s green building movement. The Gala will be emceed by local legend Bucky Waters, and will feature Andrew Holton, of North Carolina State Treasurer’s Office. The Green Awards Gala will also feature a Silent Auction to benefit the Triangle USGBC Chapter. It will be a great time to relax, enjoy a delicious buffet of heavy hors d’oeuvres and cash bar, and be inspired by the accomplishments our friends and neighbors. Learn more…
****Sponsorships and Exhibit booths are still available. To register and learn more visit www.GreenNCtradeshow.com