(Presented jointly by the
NC Sustainable Energy Association & NC Solar Center)
Friday, October 18, 2013 | 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Central Piedmont Community College
Harris Conference Center
3216 CPCC Harris Campus Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
Join the NC Sustainable Energy Association and the NC Solar Center at our upcoming Template Solar Ordinance Forum in Charlotte on October 18th. Sponsored by the CPCC Center for Sustainability, this is the fifth and final forum to gather input on drafting a template solar ordinance for local communities. The event engages attendees from government, the solar industry, non-profits, and the general public in a dynamic and constructive exchange concerning the solar development process and yields insightful comments that will help to inform the drafting of the template ordinance.
North Carolina has experienced dynamic growth in solar photovoltaic system development; much of it in rural areas of North Carolina where jobs have been created and tax bases have grown. Still, there is limited education for the general public, land owners, and local governments on facilitating this type of development in a way that harmonizes with local needs. Though some towns and counties have already passed solar ordinances to provide a useful guide for the development of solar projects, many others have not. This forum series offers a chance for local education and discussion on solar development, as well as an opportunity for all stakeholders to provide input to the drafting of the template solar ordinance for North Carolina. The template solar ordinance will be available this fall at which time it can be adopted in full by counties and municipalities across the state, or it can be adapted to fit the particular needs of an area. We encourage your attendance at this dynamic and informative event.
Seating is Limited: Register Today
Live text polling will take place throughout the event to inform the drafting of a template solar ordinance for North Carolina communities to adopt.
Benefits of Attendance
- Gain an understanding of local development and permitting processes.
- Learn about stakeholder values regarding solar energy facilities and land use.
- Learn how solar affects local communities.
- Explore best practices for solar siting.
- Network with energy leaders, consumers, planners and many others.
- Participate in break-out session and panel discussion.
- Inform the process of developing a template ordinance for solar energy facilities in North Carolina for local governments.
- Hear from experienced individuals who own land and knowledgeable professionals from an array of backgrounds.
- Electric Utilities and Independent Power Producers
- Local, State and Federal Government Officials and Staff
- Clean Energy Business Owners and Employees
- Planning Agencies, Energy Advisors and Consultants
- Clean Energy Architects, Engineers and Construction Representatives
- Community College and University Researchers
- Commercial and Industrial Energy Customers
- Clean Energy Technology Adopters, Site Owners and Managers
- Manufacturers of Renewable Energy Systems
- Clean Energy System Integrators
- Start-up Entrepreneurs
For General Information on Public Fora or the Drafting of the Template Solar Ordinance, contact:
Policy and Market Analyst
NC Sustainable Energy Association,
Mobile: (302) 584-4152